I have received a couple of emails in the last day or two about the new site for Dr. Lloyd-Jones’s sermons. Here’s an excerpt or two:
As of today, the wonderful Martyn Lloyd-Jones Recordings Trust in the UK is ending its 30 year ministry (including the Audio Library), and we here in the United States at the MLJ Trust will be taking over responsibility for the 1,600 sermons and producing the weekly sermon broadcasts for Oneplace and other radio stations.
Before I go on to to say what this will mean, I invite all of us to pause and think what an incredible work of love the UK Recordings Trust was for our brother in Christ Tony Ruston, who was there on the first day of operations in 1982, and whose final radio introduction will be on our Christmas Oneplace sermon this coming Sunday. In the United States, those of us on the MLJ Trust Board understand completely that we are just trustees of 30 years of work by Tony to transfer reel-to-reel tape recordings from the 1950s into cassette tapes, then CDs and then into audio files that could be listened to by tens of thousands of people around the world. Tony retired from the day to day running the Recordings Trust several years ago, and his excellent successor, Paul Mitchell, did great work in continuing the mission and creating the audio library with his wonderful team in Ashford, but Tony kept producing the weekly sermons, and it was Tony who identified a young Theological student, David Lovi, as a Board member for us in 2007, and has now trained David to be the “voice” of the MLJ Trust after Christmas. Tony Ruston has been a true servant of God. Paul Mitchell and some other members of the UK Recordings Trust team will now lead the John MacArthur “Grace to You Europe” from January 1st, 2013. We wish them all well and thank God for their service to this ministry.
What this means going forward is that as of later today (I will send out a notification), our website ( http://www.mljtrust.org) will be re-launched with the 1,600 sermons, and we will now be responsible for all the costs of maintaining this new site and paying for the downloads, as the sermons will remain free. That is a major change in expense for us, and comes on top of the expense of creating the new site. We do believe that it pleases God for us to continue this work, and so it is our prayer that the Lord will lead enough of our subscribers to donate to this work that we can continue this mission of free sermons for the next 30 years.
As a result of this, there will be some policy changes for all those who will be accessing the sermons. As we are a volunteer group, we can no longer be in the business of making and shipping CDs, but we are well aware that for many of our brothers and sisters (and particularly the elderly), the internet is a challenging source for accessing sermons, so to make up for this, we are instituting the following changes as of today that we hope will please our subscribers:
- While all 1,600 sermons are still subject to copyright protection, as of today there is no need to ask our permission to forward a sermon to another person, burn a CD for another person (or congregation), or broadcast a sermon as long as you agree to the following three conditions
- The sermons will never be sold or used for any commercial purpose (free is free)
- The sermons will not be edited in any way (either for use as “clips” or edited down for length) – If the sermon is to be used or forwarded, it will be in its entirety
- The person forwarding, passing on, or broadcasting the sermon to another party will make that the person receiving the sermon is aware of these three conditions and agrees to them
- There is now no limit on the number of sermons you can download each week from the sermon library. Initially, there will be no need to sign in and you will be able to download one sermon at a time as many times as you like (we will be providing a “cart” solution in the next few weeks)
The new MLJ Trust site has been launched ( http://www.mljtrust.org ), and it is now the ONLY site for downloading sermons by Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones. The UK servers ( http://www.mlj-usa.com and http://www.mlj.org.uk ) have closed down.
There is no need for log-ins or passwords on the new site – Just go to the sermons and download what you want. Later on we will be providing a “cart” solution for downloading several sermons at once, but for now the sermons can be downloaded one at a time. You should also be aware, however, that although you can only download the sermons one at a time, there are no limits on how many you can download in a day or a week, so if you want to download 30 sermons today one at a time you will be able to do so!
Please visit the new site and be sure to help financially if you are able.